Cannabidiol, also known as CBD is often used as a pain-relieving supplement. It is used topically in the form of creams, salves and lotions.
CBD creams can be rubbed over the affected area of the skin, and it can help to relieve pain and minimize inflammation. One of the top advantages of applying CBD creams is that they are very easy to apply and act quickly. Studies show that CBD creams are very promising in cases of arthritis, muscle pain, fatigue of joint, sore joints, neck pain, chronic pain, acute pain, rashes and burns.
But with so many great products out there, which one is the most appropriate for you? Check out this list of the best CBD creams in the market, each one with a link to the manufacturer’s site and potency and ingredients details to help you make an informed choice.
CBD Pro LifeStyle All Purpose Lotion
600mg of CBD per 60ml (2oz) container
|– Relief from hard-work|
– All-natural muscle and joint support
– Fast-acting and long-lasting
– No greasy leftover
CBD infused cream
250mg of CBD per 95g (3oz) tube
|– Fast-acting formula|
– 3rd party tested
– Quality guaranteed
– Contains full-spectrum CBD, Willow Bark and menthol
CBD Hemp Intensive Relief Rub + EMU Oil
500mg of CBD per 112ml (3.8oz) jar
|– Hemp intensive healing rub|
– Can be used for chronic conditions
– Emu Oil helps to deeply penetrate the toughest aches & sores
CBD Pain relief cream
1000mg of CBD per 59 ml (2oz) jar
|– Fast-acting ointment cream|
– High CBD concentration
– Peppermint oil gives cooling sensation
300mg of organic Hemp CBD per 100ml bottle
|– Made with Full Spectrum hemp and no isolates|
– No artificial fragrances or additives
– Gentle blend of CBD, Frankincense, shea butter, and essential oils
CBD Infused Cream
300mg-1500mg of CBD per 100ml (3.4oz) container
| – No preservatives, artificial colors|
– Vegan, Gluten free, non-GMO. Cruelty Free
– Combines natural food-grade shea butter, cocoa butter and coconut oil with CBD hemp extract
Muscle & Joint CBD hemp cream
500/1000mg of CBD per 50ml (1.7oz) bottle
| – Good for overworked muscles and joints|
– Two dosing options, 500mg or 1000mg
– 100% natural, GMO-free, vegan, and cruelty-free
– Contains menthol and white willow bark extract
Cooling CBD sports cream
500 mg of CBD per 100ml (3.4oz) bottle
|– Contains Menthol and Arnica|
– Perfect for assisting with sore muscles and tight joints
– No oily feeling
Cold Therapy Hemp Rub
100mg of CBD per 90ml (3oz) tube
|– Soothing muscles and joints|
– Vegan & paraben free
– Combines Hemp with Aloe Vera, Arnica and Chamomile
Topical CBD Ointment
600mg of CBD per 60ml (3.4oz) bottle
|– Icy menthol feel for superior relief|
– Useful for aching joints and superficial muscle tissue
– Natural moisturizing ingredients
Why would you need CBD creams?
CBD Creams can be used to treat pain in certain areas of the body. For instance, if you suffer from muscle pain, CBD creams may help you numb the pain.
This type of creams activates and enhance the body’s natural endocannabinoids, hence reducing any sign of inflammation in the areas. That’s why CBD creams are also used in Beauty products to treat different skin conditions. Acne is the most common skin problem, caused by excess sebum, and some people use CBD to reduce the inflammatory consequences of acne.
Why are people using CBD topicals?
Apart from its pain-numbing properties, CBD is used in a variety of conditions and has a vast number of applications in human health and disease. It can be as effective as anti-inflammatory and non-steroidal medications, but without the side effects.
The purpose of using CBD creams on your skin is to let the cannabinoids absorb through, loosening the muscle, relieving pain, reducing inflammation, and slowing down the aging process.
CBD is also used by athletes with muscle and joint pain, or by older adults who want to feel better and wear a fresh look on the face.
Other benefits of CBD creams
CBD has plenty of beneficial effects. CBD creams in particular can be useful for:
- Pain symptoms, in which case you can apply them directly over the skin
- Helping to reduce inflammation in cases of acne, psoriasis, and others
- Scarring and wrinkling of the skin prevention
- Slowing down the aging process
No side effects of CBD creams have been evidenced by clinical trials on humans, besides an allergic reaction which may appear in some individuals.
If you experience this type of side effect, stop using CBD creams and talk to your dermatologist.
CBD topicals are believed to be effective and very useful for muscular or joint pain, but it is also meant as a beauty product for acne, to reduce the secretion of sebum, and to control inflammation in the skin. It is very easy to use and has very little to no side effects on the body.
It does not affect the digestive or nervous system and does not induce the “high” effect marijuana has on the body. If you want to know which ones are considered the best CBD creams, we have made a list and placed it above for your convenience.