CBD is an incredible compound with a highly diverse range of benefits. Most people are aware that users take CBD to help manage pain, get better sleep, and lower stress but don’t genuinely understand the cannabinoid’s potential.
In this post, we will discuss a lesser-known use for CBD, the possible treatment of restless leg syndrome. We’ll get into the condition, how CBD can relieve symptoms, and the advantages of using CBD creams and salves.
What is Restless Leg Syndrome?
Restless leg syndrome (RLS), also called Willis-Ekborn disease, is a condition that causes an irresistible urge to move the legs. Most people experiencing RLS are over 50, but the condition can develop at any age.
According to the Sleep Foundation, “RLS affects 5 to 10% of adults and 2 to 4% of children in the U.S., and it is found in women more often than men.”
The uncontrollable urge to move makes quality sleep difficult and leads to fatigue and daytime sleepiness—people struggling with the condition struggle with productivity leading to a dramatic decrease in quality of life.
CBD Pain Relief Cream
500/1000mg of CBD per 50.3ml (1.7oz) bottle
|– Winner of the 2021 Product of the Year and Nexty Awards
– Free of plasticizers, artificial preservatives, and synthetics
– Menthol and Arnica for both cooling action and deeply penetrating relief along with other nourishing ingredients like Jojoba Oil and Aloe to build a powerful, soothing blend
Just Copy & Use your MEDterra CBD coupon code now:
SEE OUR MEDterra CBD BRAND REVIEW
|Max CBD Wellness
CBD Pain Relief Cream
1000mg of CBD per 59ml (2oz) jad
|– Fast-acting ointment cream
– Helps to manage joint pain, arthritis, muscle aches, chronic pain
– High CBD concentration
– Peppermint oil gives cooling sensation
Just Copy & Use your Max CBD coupon code now:
SEE OUR MAX CBD Wellness BRAND REVIEW
Muscle & Joint CBD hemp cream
500/1000/3000mg of CBD per 50ml (1.7oz) bottle
| – Good for overworked muscles and joints
– Three dosing options, 500mg, 1000mg or 3000mg
– 100% natural, GMO-free, vegan, and cruelty-free
– Contains menthol and white willow bark extract
Just Copy & Use your CBD FX coupon code now:
SEE OUR CBD FX BRAND REVIEW
Cooling CBD sports cream
500 mg of CBD per 100ml (3.4oz) bottle
|– Contains Menthol and Arnica
– Perfect for assisting with sore muscles and tight joints
– No oily feeling
1000/2000mg of CBD per 95.8g (3.38oz) bottle
|– Soothe Aches: Recover sore muscles with Camphor Oil + Premium CBD
– Reduce Inflammation: Repair and nourish with organic Aloe & Arnica
– Cooling Relief: Rapid relief with Menthol, Eucalyptus, & Wintergreen Oil
Just Copy & Use your Focl CBD coupon code now:
SEE OUR FOCL CBD BRAND REVIEW
Pain Relief CBD Roll On Gel
1500mg of CBD per 90ml (3oz) bottle
|– Powerful anesthetic, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities
– Hands-free application
– Self-Massage onto painful muscles
– Great for travelling
CBDol® Topical – CBD Salve
500mg CBD per 1oz container
|– Full spectrum CBD from non-GMO U.S.-grown hemp
– Suitable for everyday use
– Pumped with a rich blend of natural essential oils & extracts
– For calming effect and providing targeted relief
– You will also be interested in CBDistillery top-selling 1000mg Broad Spectrum CBD Relief Stick (0% THC) or 500mg Isolate CBD Relief Stick
– 3rd-party lab tested, made in the USA
Just Copy & Use your CBDistillery coupon code now:
SEE OUR CBDistillery BRAND REVIEW
CBD infused cream
250mg of CBD per 95g (3oz) tube
|– Fast-acting formula
– 3rd party tested
– Quality guaranteed
– Contains full-spectrum CBD, Willow Bark and menthol
Just Copy & Use your CBD Pure CBD coupon code now:
SEE OUR CBD PURE INFUSED CREAM REVIEW
Pain Relief Cream
500mg or 1000mg CBD per 4 fl oz jar
|– Top-quality Isolated CBD from non-GMO organically-grown industrial hemp
– To relieve pain associated with minor aches, arthritis, backache, bruises, sprains, etc.
– To soothe aching muscles and joints
– You can try combining it using Unflavored Diamond CBD Oil (Full Spectrum) – one of the strongest oils in the market
– 3rd-party lab tested, made in the USA
Just Copy & Use your Diamond CBD coupon code now:
SEE OUR DIAMOND CBD BRAND REVIEW
The Effects of RLS?
RLS is described as being twitchy, uncomfortable, restless, and even having legs that want to move independently. While a significant number of children and adults report symptoms of the syndrome, the cause is still unknown.
Dealing with RLS has a significant impact on a person’s ability to get quality sleep. Restlessness can lead to other issues, making living a normal life challenging to maintain.
How Can CBD Help RLS?
While the FDA hasn’t approved CBD to treat RLS, that hasn’t stopped countless people from turning to the cannabinoid for relief. CBD shows potential in improving sleep and mental challenges that can be created due to RLS and possibly exhibiting the mechanism to treat the condition directly.
RLS isn’t fully understood, but many experts believe it’s caused by disrupting the brain’s dopamine pathways. CBD and cannabis, in general, are associated with lowering dopamine synthesis capacity and, in turn, relieving RLS.
Regular cannabis use has been linked to decreased dopamine brain reactivity. Therefore, if unstable dopamine levels cause restless leg syndrome, CBD could, hypothetically, provide a solution to the condition.
While we don’t have substantial, large-scale, double-blind clinical trials supporting CBD’s effectiveness in treating RLS, using CBD doesn’t have long-term side effects, posing a risk to the user. In addition, CBD could improve the side effects, including low-quality sleep.
Advantages of Using CBD Creams and Salves
Using CBD for restless leg syndrome can be done in multiple ways but topical application is one of the most popular. Creams and salves allow users to apply CBD directly to their legs, creating an instant soothing sensation and promoting a healthy flow of cannabinoids in the ECS.
Absorption rates are unclear, but the topical application will lead to CBD entering the bloodstream and being distributed throughout the body. Regular CBD use is needed to improve dopamine synthesis and combat the root cause of RLS.
In addition, topical CBD use can possibly relieve the symptoms associated with RLS, like mental health conditions and sleep disorders.
How to Find the Best CBD for Restless Leg Syndrome
One of the advantages of using CBD creams and salves for restless leg syndrome is the other ingredients that provide relief. Be sure to check the label before making a purchase ensuring the product contains natural ingredients and is free from artificial fillers.
Creams and salves should be tested by a 3rd party lab to ensure the extracts are safe and contain the advertised amount of cannabinoids.