Aging people usually struggle with different health problems that include:
- Difficulty to get asleep, that reduces our sleep quality and becomes worse as we age
- Anxiety and depression, that may be related to changing lifestyle and habits, and the growing feeling of dependence on our loved ones
- Musculoskeletal pain, often translated as arthritis, an inflammatory disease that causes severe pain
These are common concerns, and they can be all significantly improved with CBD. This substance comes from cannabis but is completely harmless because it contains little or no amount of THC, the subtance behind the “high” sensation caused by marijuana.
Instead, CBD has the potential of medical cannabis without the consequences, and it is ideal for seniors. But what is the best CBD product for them? It should come from a reputable source and provide suitable doses.
Here’s a list of options, each one with a link to their manufacturer’s site, these all are products with the highest rating according to elderly users reviews:
|Endoca CBD Oil Strong
1500mg of CBD per 10ml (0.33oz) bottle
|– 5mg of CBD per drop, the recommended usage is 1-3 drops per day
– Supports daily wellness and maintains internal balance
– Helps with chronic pain and fibromyalgia
– Omega 3, Omega 6, Vitamin E
|Kushly Lemon CBD Oil
300mg, 600mg and 1000mg of CBD per 30ml (1oz) bottle
|– 3 levels of strength
– Delicate lemon flavor
– Helps to stay physically active, relieves arthritis pain
|Amberwing THC Free CBD Oil
500mg, 1000mg and 1500mg of CBD per 30ml (1oz) bottle
| – 3 levels of strength
– Same formula as full-spectrum oil but THC free
– Natural flavoring
– 60 days refund policy
|Royal&Pure CBD Tincture Hemp Oil | PM Sleep
1000mg of CBD per 30ml (1oz) bottle
|– 36mg of CBD per serving
– 60mg of Melatonin per bottle (2mg per serving)
– Peppermint flavor
– For restful night’s sleep
| CBD Essence Medicinal Oil Capsules
1050mg, 2100mg, 3150mg and 4200mg of CBD per bottle
|– 35mg of CBD per capsule
– Available packaging 30-120 capsules per bottle
– Highly Absorptive Liposome Formula
| Purely 750mg CBD Softgels
750mg of CBD per bottle
|– 25mg of CBD per capsule
– 30 softgels per bottle
– THC free
– Regulates nervous, digestive, immune and metabolic systems
Soft Gel Capsules
450mg of CBD per bottle
|– 15mg of CBD per capsule
– 30 capsules per bottle
– For better mood stabilization and night’s sleep
– Omega 3-6-9 fatty acids
|Cruz Hemp Rejuvenate Face and Body Lotion
750mg of CBD per 100ml (4oz) bottle
|– Effective Anti-Aging Formula
– THC free
– High concentrations of Vitamin C, organic coconut oil, organic aloe vera
CBD Lidocaine Roll On Gel
500mg of CBD per 89ml (3oz)
|– Blocks pain with OIC concentration of lidocaine
– Targeted mess-free applicator
– Chamomilla and green tea extracts providing additional soothing properties
Why would seniors need CBD?
Seniors are considered the pillars of our society. Their health problems are often taken as a limiting factor, but in most cases the only things that stands between elderly people and their full capacity are the musculoskeletal aches, daytime drowsiness, and depression levels. Luckily, CBD can help seniors change all of this and improve their quality of life.
CBD works well with pain management and is associated to improved mood and overall sense of wellbeing. Seniors who have problems to get asleep may also use CBD to relax and sink into their beds so they won’t experience daytime drowsiness. Besides managing pain and improving sleep, CBD brings more health benefits for seniors when it comes to depression and anxiety problems.
Why do seniors use CBD instead of other medications?
CBD products are very safe to use. Compared to other medications, elderly people do not need an expensive consultation to get a prescription because it is an over-the-counter supplement that can be found in many forms. It is also more effective than most home remedies we tried in the past, and has minimal to no side effects.
CBD supplements work by stimulating a series of receptors known as CB2. These receptors have soothing effects all over the body by managing inflammation, pain, and other functions related to the nervous system.
Health benefits of CBD for seniors
CBD has plenty of applications for seniors:
- Studies prove CBD positive effect for easing musculoskeletal pain, including arthritis
- Assists with sleeping disorders
- Helps with anxiety and stress regulation
- Anti-inflammatory effect
- Some people use CBD to reduce the incidence of seizures
One of the best news about CBD for seniors is that it does not have major side effects. It is classified as a “generally safe” supplement, which means that there is no clinical evidence of dangerous side effects.
Still, some patients may encounter unexpected symptoms such as fatigue and drowsiness, or nausea. These effects are usually self-resolving and won’t happen again if you take a lower dose. Still, if you experience any of those, be sure to talk to your doctor.
We can apply safely CBD for seniors to improve various health concerns in this age group. Musculoskeletal pain, anxiety, depression, and insomnia are only a few medical conditions that could usually be improved with CBD supplements. However, you need to find the best CBD for seniors, from reputable sources such as those we carefully chose for you and listed above.