On treating psoriasis, most people have tried the usual corticosteroids, salicylic acid, and other expensive treatments such as phototherapy. There are many other home therapies that include changes in the lifestyle and habits, and supplements.
But did you know about using CBD for psoriasis symptoms treatment?
Can CBD be helpful for psoriasis?
There’s more to CBD than we initially thought. Most people know it can reduce anxiety levels and manage pain. All of that is accurate, but CBD also has promising anti-inflammatory properties. That’s why CBD becomes a popular addition to topical creams and ointments.
What you need to know is what brands specialise in CBD for psoriasis. There are many brands out there, and not all will be trustworthy. That’s why we bring you a complete list of options for you to choose and give yourself the best.
Dead Sea Mud Masque With Vulcanus Kaolin
50mg CBD per 1oz/30ml
|– Blended with Color Clay Vulcanus – located and identified off of the Mediterranean Coast – this mask is rich in restorative elements and minerals sourced from the Earth||Visit Store|
CBD infused cream
250mg of CBD per 95g (3oz) tube
|– Fast-acting formula|
– 3rd party tested
– Quality guaranteed
– Contains full-spectrum CBD, Willow Bark and menthol
300mg of organic Hemp CBD per 2oz jar
|– Full spectrum|
– Gentle blend of CBD, Calendula, shea butter, herbs and essential oils
– USDA Certified Organic Certified Glyphosate Residue-Free
CBD Infused Cream
300mg-1500mg of CBD per 100ml (3.4oz) container
|– No preservatives, artificial colors|
– Vegan, Gluten free, non-GMO. Cruelty Free
– Combines natural food-grade shea butter, cocoa butter and coconut oil with CBD hemp extract
700mg CBD per
|– Specifically formulated to soothe discomforted and sensitive skin|
– The subtle blend of lavender, chamomile and tea tree oil is made for sensitive skin types
Soothing CBD & Lavender
|– Contains CBD Hemp Oil, Shea Butter, Aloe, Lavender and other all-natural ingredients|
– A daily use product that relieves pain and care for the skin
– Refreshing, moisturizing, rejuvenating, relaxing effect
– GMO, funghi and pesticides free
– 3rd party lab tested
200mg of CBD
per 118ml (4oz) Bottle
|– Contains rich CBD oil along with other beneficial herbal extracts (Centella Asiatica, Baicalensis Root, Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Quillaja Saponaria Bark and more)||Visit Store|
Hemp Soothing Peppermint Rub
200mg of Full Spectrum Hemp Extract
per 60ml (2oz) jar
| – Use for restoring skin and healing of small scars or abrasions|
– Suitable for dry and sensitive, dehydrated skin
– Moisturizes, relieves pain and promotes anti-inflammatory functions
– Combines hemp oil with mountain arnica, aloe and peppermint oil for a relaxing and cooling effect
Why would you need CBD for psoriasis?
Topicals that contain CBD may be a great aid for people with psoriasis. The reason why they are so popular is that CBD is successfully used to relieve pain and calm the skin. Combined with other effective components usually used to help with psoriasis, CBD in topicals helps moisturize and sooth the skin. CBD in creams and balms is safe to use and have great profile when it comes to pain and inflammation relief.
You can now find CBD in many useful forms, including creams and ointments. Some studies like this show a potent anti-inflammatory effect of CBD if you apply a topical cream in your trouble areas. CBD Topicals are shown to alleviate the symptoms and improve the quality of life for patients with inflammatory skin conditions.
Why are people using CBD for psoriasis?
CBD is safe, and people use it for psoriasis because it might alleviate the unpleasant symptoms and does not have the same side effects as other medications. It won’t make your skin prone to infections, as it happens with corticosteroids. However, it gives you an instantaneous soothing effect that will be maintained over time if you continue applying at regular intervals.
CBD works by activating a series of receptors in the skin and other parts of the body, called CB2 receptors. Connecting to these receptors, CBD is thought to modulate pain and inflammation, and help your body control the most annoying symptoms of psoriasis.
Other health benefits of CBD
Besides its beneficial effects on the skin, CBD has many other applications, including:
- Pain management, especially moderate pain that does not respond to home treatment
- CBD can be useful to relieve insomnia and help you get asleep (usually in a capsule or tincture form)
- It is useful to reduce the sensation of anxiety
- CBD is known by its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Some people use CBD oral supplements to prevent seizures.
CBD has no reported side effects on your skin. If you take oral supplements, there’s a chance you will get symptoms such as drowsiness and nausea if you take very large doses. But that’s not the case if you apply an ointment for psoriasis.
Still, you may experience irritation on your skin if you’re allergic to this substance or any other that is added as a vehicle to deliver CBD to your skin.
We can use CBD for psoriasis with minimal to no side effects, and it is often described as a powerful anti-inflammatory that may be an alternative to prescription meds. It is a great option to take care of your skin, and you can find the best CBD products for psoriasis with links and reviews on the list we left for you above.