Since its foundation in 2016, CBDistillery™ has grown into one of the best-known CBD brands in the United States. We spoke with Tony Schwartz, Director of Affiliate and Strategic Partnerships at CBDistillery™.
– Tell us a little bit about your brand. How did CBDistillery start, what’s the story behind it?
– CBDistillery™ was founded in 2016 by a group of Colorado natives with the people’s best interests in mind. Our founders saw that the emerging CBD industry was vastly overpriced and quickly becoming saturated with inferior products. This inspired the strong belief that people have a right to high-quality, fairly priced, U.S. grown, hemp-derived CBD products, so they set out on a mission to be the premier resource for CBD products and education.
Furthering this mission, we created the #CBDMOVEMENT™ to extend the conversation. With over 440k mentions and over 37,000 downloads of The Ultimate CBD User Guide, the #CBDMOVEMENT™ is steamrolling change across the nation and inspiring consumers to think about alternative methods of wellness.
– What makes CBDistillery stand out?
– At CBDistillery™, we highly value quality and transparency. We make purchasing CBD is easy with our labels that clearly display the CBD content in each product as well as informational inserts that provide extensive insight into what CBD is and what it does for you. You can also scan a QR code on each product to see third-party test results and confirm that the CBD product you select meets regulatory requirements.
Our dedication to quality is proven by our ability to follow the stringent industry guidelines set forth by the FDA. We are proud to be certified by the U.S. Hemp Authority which provides guidelines within our industry. Each of our product seals represents our dedication to quality with ISO 9001, Natural Farming Practice, Lab Tested Potency & Purity, and the U.S. Hemp Authority on all our labels.
Director of Affiliate and Strategic Partnerships at CBDistillery™
Photo by courtesy of CBDistillery™
– What is your process for CBD – from raw hemp to extraction to final product?
– CBDistillery™, the leader in the CBD industry, oversees every aspect of production from initial soil testing to packaging and distribution. When you select CBDistillery™ hemp-derived products, your CBD oil is sourced from non-GMO industrial hemp grown using natural farming methods. We use only food-safe extraction methods, and our products are verified by an independent third-party testing facility for purity and potency.
Before our naturally cultivated, non-GMO industrial hemp can be utilized to create the CBD product, the cannabinoid-rich oil must be extracted from the plant. The extraction process selected depends on how the extract will be used.
The CBD oil in our full-spectrum products is CO2 extracted. At standard temperature, carbon dioxide is a gas. When pressurized, the CO2 liquefies and pulls the desired components from the hemp as the plant matter is filtered through a series of pressurized chambers. As the pressure is released, the CO2 converts back to its gaseous state and released from the oil. Finally, the extract is distilled.
The CBD used for our 0% THC products is extracted with ethanol. After the initial extraction process, the oil is heated to activate the cannabinoids (decarboxylation). A third process (winterization) then removes the unwanted fatty acids, cannabinoids, terpenes, and other plant components. After processing, all that remains of the original hemp extract is a crystalline CBD powder.
– How did Covid19 pandemic affect your business? Was 2020 a successful year for you?
– The pandemic has affected our business from a physical retail standpoint as being able to purchase our product from one of the many national retailers’ we are in has become increasingly difficult as physical locations remain closed for the time being. That said, our year has been successful as our e-commerce site continues to make purchasing easy for our customers and we still see steady demand as people look to CBD during these stressful times.
– What are your goals for the near future, how do you plan to grow your business?
– One of the major trends that emerged from 2020 was new products that included minor cannabinoids such as CBG and CBN. These new products utilized these cannabinoids for their various benefits and to offer consumers a new variation of CBD products. We plan to not only continue educating the public on these products but offering new variations that support our mission of health and wellness.
Another trend that emerged was the increase in retailer interest in CBD. Retailers want to have the products their consumers are looking for and as CBD is gaining exposure and popularity with mainstream America, retailers have been increasing their offerings. As CBD becomes more mainstream with retailers, we plan to continue expanding our robust retail presence by partnering with retailers that share our mission.
– What are your projections for the CBD industry in the course of the next few years? What do you think will change?
– In keeping with the trend of releasing products with minor cannabinoids, 2021 will bring further education on these cannabinoids to allow for consumers to fully understand the benefits of these products. 2021 will also continue the support of scientific research needed to help the FDA in their regulations. We expect that there will be an abundance of peer reviewed studies demonstrating the efficacy and safety of CBD to help push the needle forward.
– Do you personally use CBD? If yes, what do you use it for and what are your favourite products?
– We let our brand ambassadors and customer testimonials speak for our products! With over 26k+ verified reviews and testimonials, we want to prove that CBD isn’t just a buzzword, but a way of life. We believe that our customers provide the best, unbiased opinions of our products.
– Which product would you say is the bestseller of CBDistillery, and why do you think it is the bestseller?
– Our 1000mg Full Spectrum Tincture is our bestseller. When many newcomers think of hemp-derived CBD oil, it’s usually in tincture form. This format is best for those who want an all-around wellness-boosting experience and a customizable serving size rather than a targeted experience. You’ll often find that hemp-derived CBD tinctures will feature different amounts of hemp-derived CBD per bottle, which makes this type great for beginners
– Most important message from CBDistillery to the consumers?
– With so many CBD companies emerging, it can be challenging to verify and trust the quality or amount of CBD in your products. With CBDistillery™ you can trust that we will provide you with the highest-quality, affordable CBD product on the market.