Savage CBD is a California-based company whose online store offers impressive collection of hemp derived products for every taste. We spoke with Brittany Warner, director of marketing at Savage CBD, about struggles and triumphs in CBD industry.
– Tell us a little bit about your brand. How did Savage CBD start, what’s the story behind it?
– Savage CBD started because we want to help people find alternative products that fit any lifestyle. We have the ability to produce premium products and CBD fits perfectly into our mission which is to help people.
– What makes Savage CBD stand out?
– I would say it is our approach to getting as close to the consumer as possible, whether that is through our weekly live streams, meeting them in person or any other way. Nowadays you have to stand out for things other than just your product so we take very seriously the end user and how their experience is with Savage CBD from start to finish.
Director of marketing at Savage CBD
Photo by courtesy of Savage CBD
– What is your process for CBD – from raw hemp to extraction to final product?
– So all of our CBD is CO2 extracted and we get it only from one to two vendors that we know and trust. Once we have those raws we test them before manufacturing or doing any R&D. After we are satisfied with that product we make the finished products that you see are for sale online. Those finished products are also tested and those labs results are posted for anyone to view at any time.
– How did Covid19 pandemic affect your business? Was 2020 a successful year for you?
– Well, Covid19 was actually a great year for our business because now more than ever people want to feel safe and healthy and CBD fits into that category for a lot of people. We did have to pivot a bit into other categories but for the most part CBD has really thrived.
– We think that one of the most important things for any e-commerce business is to have loyal customers. How do you estimate your customer retention rate? Did it grow or decline during the past year?
– That is one of the most important aspects of any business and one we take very seriously. We talk about the customer journey all the time and work to improve that everyday. It is important that our website is easy to navigate, has lots of information and the correct information. Shipping times are important and something we pride ourselves on. Covid has not been the best for that but we are doing our best. Obviously once they get the product we hope they enjoy it as much as we do making them and then if there are any issues or questions we have a dedicated Customer Care Representative ready to answer any and all questions and help with any issues on orders. These aspects of the customer journey have helped us retain customers as well as grown our new business database a lot.
– What are your goals for the near future, how do you plan to grow your business?
– We just introduced a subscription model on our website so now customers never have to run out of CBD if they don’t want to. There is no obligation to have a subscription with us but these days it’s nice to have things on autopilot so you can focus more on family and friends and just know you won’t be running out of Savage CBD. We also have an affiliate program that is free for anyone to sign up and make money just by letting people know about Savage CBD so we encourage anyone who is interested to sign up and start making a little extra cash.
– What are your projections for the CBD industry in the course of the next few years? What do you think will change?
– It is tough to say but I hope that it becomes more legal than it already is and that there are not as many hoops to jump through in order to sell it. Really the sky’s the limit!
– Do you personally use CBD? If yes, what do you use it for and what are your favourite products?
– Yes I do! Topicals are by far my favorite because I can target the exact spot that needs a little extra attention. I also love our CBD gummies just because they taste so good and are effective for me.
– Which product would you say is the bestseller of Savage CBD, and why do you think it is the bestseller?
– Our tinctures are our best seller. There is not one that outshines the other. We offer really high strengths with our tinctures and they are some of the best tasting on the market. They have even won a couple of awards!
– Most important message from Savage CBD to the consumers?
– CBD is a really cool product but just keep in mind that everybody is different and every body is different. What works for me may not work for you but patience is key and trial and error in just part of figuring out what works best for you!